Friday, April 25, 2008

One more sleep!

Packing first...
I believe the Royal family never pack a suitcase....its all done for them by 'people'. I wonder whether or not you can hire one of these 'people'? [grin] They'd be handy.

It took me a short time to get as far as having everything I thought I would take, laid out on my bed...and then the rest of the day deciding which items really needed to be left behind as they wouldn't all fit in the suitcase! ROFL

But, it's all done and my suitcase is packed and I'm ready to go!

...then a farewell tea.
My sister Heather invited my Mum and I to their house for a farewell tea tonight, and after a day of washing, ironing, packing and ticking off lists it was a welcome invitation. In her own inimitable creative style, Heather had decorated the table with a German theme....flag centrepiece, napkin holders...the works! We did discuss whether or not it was appropriate to be spending this time on ANZAC Day with a table full of German paraphernalia but we decided that as long as it wasn't the swastika then it was OK. [laugh]

Tomorrow is D-Day! (D for Departure)
Tomorrow I'm off to Germany!! I will probably be exhausted when I get there as it will be about 8:30pm Adelaide time on Sunday night (and I don't sleep on planes), however I'll do my best to put up even a short post just to reportthat I have arrived safely.

I'll definitely be exhausted as I'm so excited that I may not sleep a wink tonight!!!! [dances around in a circle] :-)

Thanks so much to Ingrid, Cheryl, Amber, Andreas, Allison & Skye for your comments and best wishes...very much appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mum,
I guess you would be in Germany by now. I Have to be quick because I am at work but guess what....the Army lost our defacto paperwork....and these people protect our country. Geez dunno about you but I'm scared. Anyway I'm furious because I don't rememeber if we made copies of the stat decs and now you are in Germany.....I'm soooooo angry with them. By the time we get the money, I will be back in Adelaide!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlene,
Read your blog this morning, it took me quite some time but it was great.
You look so happy in the photos.
The rain has stopped and it's a lovely day today but still too wet for gardening so I'll try my hand at baking, (hope I can Light the oven O.K.)Did the washing this morning.
Have a great time at the wedding.
Lots of love Mum oxox